GachapiN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GachapiN

Forum on jrock/visual kei band MUCC

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama president....opinions??

Go down 
+3
Yuketsuko
RivetSPOOn
Yubi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Obama president....opinions?? Empty
PostSubject: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyWed 5 Nov - 22:40

Ok I'm so happy he won, I hope he pisses off our prime minister so bad he abdicates!!!!>_<

....needed to say that!! Razz

So, any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 0:06

I'm not happy with it. I wouldn't have been all that thrilled with McCain, but I loved Palin enough to want to see her in action.

And I'll answer the Why, because I know I'll hear it.

He's a black Jimmy Carter.

And Jimmy Carter was probably the worst president in the last 100 years.

I could be wrong. I almost hope that I am.
Back to top Go down
http://rivetspoon.deviantart.com/
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 4:41

I'm not going to ask you why, but I'm going to tell you why I think Palin was one of the worst choices for VP...she didn't even know that Africa was a continent. She is not a stupid woman, not in the SLIGHTEST, but when a president is getting ready not only to run this country, but mend the broken ties we have with other countries, and our allies, you just can't have someone like that in office. Someone who would have a woman pay for her own rape kit, and use the state's money to pay for her daughters to travel with her? If something happened to McCain, considering he's the oldest man to ever run for president, and has over a 1,000 pages of medical records, I would be terrified of her being in charge. I did not trust either one of them, not with a single bone in my body. I was also betrayed by the fact that last night, after they made their speeches of defeat how SINCERE they were. Why couldn't they have been that honest before?! I think Obama and Biden ran an AMAZING campaign, and it had plenty of flaws...but to me it was honest.

I have A LOT of hope for this. I may be wrong, but I really feel that this was an amazing thing for us. Even if he won't do everything he promised, I have a strong feeling he'll do WAY better than Bush has for the past 8 years.

...and look at the other countries today. They were all SO happy and celebrated last night. That just tells me that we did something right, because already they are seeing us as someone again. We can sit at the cool kid's table for the first time in a while!!! XDDDD

That's just my opinion though. I may be COMPLETELY wrong, but I think he'll do fantastic.

@ Yubi: Actually, I think Canada is already trying to talk with Obama about a cllimate change program and strengthening their bond again!! Already they are talking and he's still only president-elect.
Back to top Go down
http://zibaamen.livejournal.com/
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 8:40

Quote :
Actually, I think Canada is already trying to
talk with Obama about a cllimate change program and strengthening their
bond again!! Already they are talking and he's still only
president-elect.
Maybe on that point but Obama's policy is WAY different from our beloved (...) conservative prime minister. On an economic base and social base too (abortion, gays, etc). I just fear that because of those opinions things get ugly between our country, one wanting to change the world and the other wanting to sit n watch.

Quote :
I have A LOT of hope for this. I may be wrong, but I really feel that this was an amazing thing for us.

Me too. And I know we'll all be deceived by him because our expectations are so huge but still, just to see people from all over the world unite for him, that was priceless and a good start towards world's unity and a somewhat of peace.

Quote :
I was also betrayed by the fact that last night,
after they made their speeches of defeat how SINCERE they were. Why
couldn't they have been that honest before?!
So was I!! But its always like that they bitch each other the whole campaign and then suddenly they respect each other!! Its like they say: Always be nice to people who play lottery games, never know when they'll win!!
So to me he was being honest, yes, but also hypocrit....

As for Sarah Palin, I dont know her much but she doesnt inspire me confidence, as you say if soething had to happen to Mckain she would be president and that scray
BTW did anybody hear the prank call?? Two humourists from Montreal made a prank call on her and she totally bought it, how stupid is that!! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Shin

Shin

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 11:55

Yuketsuko wrote:

...and look at the other countries today. They were all SO happy and celebrated last night. That just tells me that we did something right, because already they are seeing us as someone again. We can sit at the cool kid's table for the first time in a while!!! XDDDD

Yeah you are right, here in Germany quite everyone was really happy.

I am quite sure, that even Obama can't turn all his promises into reality, but at least he will try and i bet he will gain much!
(Hey it's the first time, that in America someone was happy about a (half)black man who took away the chair of an old white one
(please forgive my sarcasm xP))

Reasons for me?

1. If not Obama, then Mc Cain and Palin.
Mc Cain, i think, would quite much remain on the course that bush took. He's too conservative, and pro-war.
And saying that he had no clue about economy, in times as know, was quite a big mitake too.
But then he chose his VP, (a lady who also got no clue bout economy btw) and his choice couldn't have been worse.
Of course he took her, because she's his counterpart, concerning age, and to get the votes of the women.
Also she's also quite conservative, or she even fullfills the stereotype conservative women, caring for the children, beeing strictly catholic and member of the NAS (is it called that way? talking bout that arms-club)
And as already said, she's not the smartest. Did you see that show, where this guy told her, that he's the french president, and told her about some "canadian politicians" (he called them after some rockstars).

2. Obama
(already gotta be choosen because of the name, barack hussein obama)
Democrat (even if the american democrats, are politicaly not as left as the German ones, it's still the better way)
black (no that doesn't make him a good politician, but it is a sign of the progress that the equality of black made, even if he's only half black)
his plans seem realistic (he won't stop war, but he will controll and limit the dimensions)
he might not be a too experienced, but he really can speak!(symphatic, charismatic, and talented in a rethoric way)

well there's more to say but sofar for now,
( i know that there also bad sites, concerning war e.g. but i am assured that it is milder than if cain would have been chosen)
we'll see how it continues.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tokuo
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 16:05

You can't use his race as part of the statement of progress. We actually had (have, actually. I saw his name on the ticket again the other night) a very eloquent, intelligent, knowledgeable black man run for president and for governor back when Bush was running.

Did any black person vote for him? Nope.

He was too conservative. :'( (His name is Alan Keyes, by the way)

And Barack's only half black.

And I'm a bit of an isolationist American; I'm totally cool with us pulling our troops out of every corner of the world and shutting out the rest of the countries (like Switzerland!), because let's face it, America wasn't made for the sake of being popular. We wanted our freedoms and we wanted to get rid of taxation without representation. We didn't want the world to love us, and up until WWII, that's how it was. For better or for worse, that's not how it is now. Now we actively pursue the motto of, "the gravest atrocity that a good man can do is to do nothing," and that's why we go to other countries trying to spread democracy. Because we feel that it is our duty as human beings to help other human beings. *waves tiny flag*

So, with all that in mind, the fact that the rest of the world that previously thumbed their noses at us for having a Republican in office (he's not even a Conservative, people. Seriously. He's too much of a sissy) is all now happy and OMG we love America now!, makes me REALLY not like the fact that Obama is the next president. The right thing is not always popular, and the popular thing is not always right.

If Sadaam Hussein were still alive and in charge right now, I bet he'd be happy to have Obama in office, too. Think about that.

Re: Palin: What's more important to you? Knowing that Africa is a continent, or how to balance a budget? As far as I'm aware, knowing that Africa is a continent isn't going to help the deficit that we're in. And while she's been governor, Alaska's had enough of a surplus that the state was actually able to pay its residents for... being residents. And I'd rather we have a balanced national budget than not be the laughing stock of the world, because at the end of the day, Americans can sit back and say to the rest of the world, "Yeah, go ahead and laugh. We still did what you couldn't: Kick Britain's ass out of our lives. Very Happy" (Sorry to any Brits here! XD)
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 17:52

Quote :
And I'm a bit of an isolationist American; I'm
totally cool with us pulling our troops out of every corner of the
world and shutting out the rest of the countries (like Switzerland!),
because let's face it, America wasn't made for the sake of being
popular. We wanted our freedoms and we wanted to get rid of taxation
without representation. We didn't want the world to love us, and up
until WWII, that's how it was.

I'm sorry, but as part as another country, I have to say something. We didnt ask American to bring their laws and politics everywhere. While your american troops are fighting for whatever good in some other part of the world, your own country is going down because americans are more worried about bringing liberty and justice (manifest destiny!!) in other parts of the world than taking care of their own citizens!! The rest of the world wants nothing more than to love america but it keeps putting is nose in every bussiness thats not theirs!!
I'm not trying to judge or be rude I'm just not an interventionnist I guess. To me a country should deal with his own problems, then if he asks help other people should go and help them. I hope Obama understands that and applies it to his policy. Nobody can say that their country is better than the other.
(I'm so going to get attacked for that now.....sorry, I still respect your love of your country......)

Quote :
You can't use his race as part of the statement of progress.

Alan Keyes ran for president in 1996, dont you think that its a good thing that 40 years ago or maybe less, it would have been unconceivable to have a black man running for the white house?? I think its a progress although I wish that people would stop focusing on his color instead of is qualities as a leader.
I really think americans made the right choice no matter what happens after that....anyway, cant get worst than Bush!! lol
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 20:18

Sugar, I never said that I agreed with the mentality. I even said that I wanted us to be like Switzerland and not give two poops about what the rest of the world does or thinks. It's not my call to make, though, and for better or worse, I support our men and women in uniform. You got a problem with America butting in all the time? That's the government's call most of the time. We the people almost never get a say in that.
And if America's so awful, why do we have such an immigration problem? Obviously somebody thinks we're better than what they came from.

Though I'll ask you something: You walk down the street and see a girl getting raped by some guy. It's not your business. You don't know her, you don't know him, but you can tell that what is going on is wrong. Hell, you might even get hurt if you interfere. Are you not going to help her? Will you look the other way?

Quote :
Alan Keyes ran for president in 1996
And he proved that skin color doesn't make a bit of difference. Very Happy That man is black like thick molasses and no black person endorsed him. Not even Oprah. He had more white people voting for him than black. (I was one of them!)
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 20:38

No...we NEED to be popular. Not to look cool, but who will bail us out if we ever need it *and we WILL one day. I bet you anything we will. We need as many friends (allies) as we can get, because we have to work together.* We cannot go on being our own little special snowflake nation, because the rest of the world matters too. We may not think about it, but without the rest of the world, we would not BE where we are today. It is VERY important, and one of the most important things I think a president needs to do. Look at Ahmadinejad, president of the islamic republic of Iran. He congratulated Obama for his win! Kind words from someone who hasn't had anything nice to say to us since 1979. He said he welcomes change from Obama.

We can't shut out other countries, we just cannot. We also do not need to be invading other countries, trying to rub our noses into their business like Yubi said. We absolutely NEED someone who will talk with other countries and put a tourniquet on the wounds we've created by being nasty to the rest of the world. We have to fix our mistakes that we've mad, and try to calm down the angry people we've hurt. I really think Obama is going to focus on America first, but he is also VERY focused on being on good terms with the rest of the world.

As for Palin. It does matter that she doesn't know these things. She thought being next to Russia was considered foreign policy! You cannot be that ignorant about the world and be in the white house. Wouldn't have helped with Mr. McCain singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." in the background. Something he considered a joke. That "joke" could start a war with Iran!

Palin and McCain wouldn't be able to balance the budget, and nor will Obama and Biden. It's too far gone at this point in time to get that much done in a term or two, so that's unrealistic. I do think that Obama and Biden will do a much better job at it. The fact that McCain and Palin wanted to get a 5,000 check to every person to buy health care, when they'd just go and blow it on other stuff is the worst idea I've ever heard. That didn't appeal to me in the slightest, and Obama's healthcare plan was believable and DOABLE. Don't go throwing around US money just to get people to vote for you.
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 21:53

You didn't answer my question. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 22:38

^ About what's more important? Technically, balancing a budget, but both are VERY important. Obama is just as capable of balancing the budget. So that question is kind of strange to me. Personally, what's done is done, and we can start complaining and questioning when we see what this man can do. He may ruin us (but I doubt this. Since to me, Bush is one of the worst presidents EVER and he didn't do a HORRIBLE job, but he didn't get an A+ that's for sure.) or he may help us immensely. How do we know until we find out?

*shrug* I enjoy change. Whether it's bad or good, that's to be determined. How will we know if we don't try to change for the better? McCain and Palin wouldn't have been change, at least to me.
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 22:53

... Oh, right. Forgot I asked you that one earlier. XD My mistake.
Quote :
Though I'll ask you something: You walk down the street and see a girl getting raped by some guy. It's not your business. You don't know her, you don't know him, but you can tell that what is going on is wrong. Hell, you might even get hurt if you interfere. Are you not going to help her? Will you look the other way?
I meant that one.

I'll respond to you, though. D:
Has Obama actually proven himself, fiscally? Palin did.
And if Bush is the worst president ever, you need to go back past your lifetime's worth of presidents. Or we should discuss what makes a bad president... I think one that cowers under his desk and does nothing but pander and take bribes is a bad president, but hey, at least it makes us loved again. So, I guess it goes to what's more important. I was never one for popularity in high school, and I'm not one for popularity with the rest of the world. I was about to make a low blow that refers back to the 1940s, but yeah... not really called for in a thread that's just asking for opinions. And I like you guys. D: Don't want to start a fight here. That's what LJ is for.

Sorry, Yubi. Ask me to behave and I will.
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 22:57

RivetSPOOn wrote:

Honey, I'm not saying that Americans (and all the other countires for that matter) shouldnt help people in need, but its one thing to try and help someone get better but its another to try to impose (by force!!) your points of views. Although I'm all for democracy, if the people choose not to have it, you cant force it. And its not just america, I study history and I've heard too many stories of countries wanting to interfere with other countries problem just to show them how superior they are.
As for the immigration part, we have that problem here also, and I'll answer that: people who feel like our countries are better will do anything to get here. The others just stay in their countries. I agree, some dont have the choice and its sad, but some of them like their country the way it is and we have no rights to enter it by force and impose them our politics.
But you know, thats just my opinion and I'm not saying I'm right, I just wish that, before trying to *save* other countries from their terrible destinies, America would save itself first.
And no I'm not blaming you, but here we do feel like Americans are a bit too proud of themselves for things they shouldnt be but then again, who am I to judge that....

And I dont see a fight here, its just opinions and since I dont talk too much americans (or people from other countries also) everyday, I enjoy having their opinions and thoughts on whats going on with OUR world. So please dont take it the wrong way!! (ouuuhh Satochi quote!!!!!!!)

SO!! All that to say that I'm not an expert in politics or economics but I am anti-war and I think that the first thing Obama should do is to get the soldiers out from Irak and take that money to rebuild the economy.

beer
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 23:15

But if he takes money from the military, nobody will love him. So he has to take money from the not even millionaires. And when that's not enough, he will most probably lower the line from $200K to $150K. And the economy will suffer more because there will be less jobs, and so he'll conceivably take even more from more people.

I've heard people cry that he only offered this solution once, but he's said it before, and not just in 2008, and most of the times that he says it, the annual net income amount is different. As with most things, when you draw a line somewhere, you can move it so that it suits your needs more.

That is my primary concern with this guy. I really couldn't care too much about social issues, or on foreign policy. Economy and personal freedoms drive the world, and often influence one another, thus everything else falls into place. He's got four years to prove me wrong or right, though. And in two years, I'll be teaching english to Japanese students, so that really only gives him two years for me to care about what he does. hihi But a lot can happen in two years, so you can appreciate my worry. I can't get a job when the economy is good; never mind when it's in the toilet (and has been for... oh, as long as we've had a completely Democratic congress. [2 years] Yeah, the C word. People often forget that the president needs those people to run stuff. The whole Checks and Balances thing. If absolutely everyone in Washington is a Democrat [or Republican], do you really think things will remain balanced? I don't.)

Because I can. ^____^
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 23:38

I agree that he could screw us and the rest of the world over when it comes to money, but HONESTLY...the last 8 years is what got us into this economic nightmare we're in now, so I really can't see him doing any worse. Bush threw 700 million+ into that war, which is EXACTLY what they wanted to bail themselves out just over a month ago. They could have used all that money I think they wasted (trying to "help" other countries. We did what we could, now get out and let the country build itself back up. We like to make a mess and stamp "AMERICA" on everything, and I hate that about us. We just can't leave well enough alone. We're letting thousands of soldiers die because we just have to involve ourselves in everything. Iraq probably wants to strangle us by now.) so I really can't see him doing all that much with our money.

However, one thing I loved about Obama was that he was all for alternative energy and going green. He said himself this will provide MILLIONS of jobs, and it will. McCain however seemed scared of it, and wanted to go for more Nuclear power plants which would take YEARS (more than 4) to build all the ones he wants, and drill for oil that will take over 10 years to get to. The thing I was most impressed by was that Obama said he was going to TRY and succeed in all his plans, but he didn't say he could get everything done in his term. McCain was like WE CAN DO THIS AND WE'LL DO IT IN A TERM AND OMFG I'M AMAZING. Obama is realistic, McCain is painfully optimistic and honestly...delusional. XD

@Yubi: I agree with you. I've always hated that America tries to push it's ideals and such on other countries, and it's annoying. I'm sorry for anything this country may have done to make you guys mad. XDDDD We mean well, but we get high and mighty, and when we see that we've failed we look like little 3 year olds in time out. It's pathetic really. I've always been ashamed of that, but after the other day...I'm actually proud to say I'm American again. I guess it's just hope, and it may be false, but it's better than despairing about another 4 years of crazy Republicans (BUSH...I don't like him, I'm sorry.) tarnishing our image. ._.
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 23:45

Quote :
Bush threw 700 million+ into that war, which is
EXACTLY what they wanted to bail themselves out just over a month ago.
They could have used all that money I think they wasted (trying to
"help" other countries. We did what we could, now get out and let the
country build itself back up. We like to make a mess and stamp
"AMERICA" on everything, and I hate that about us.

Totally agree!!!! Worry about your citizens first, go play soldiers after!! >_<

Quote :
We mean well, but we get high and mighty, and
when we see that we've failed we look like little 3 year olds in time
out. It's pathetic really. I've always been ashamed of that, but after
the other day...I'm actually proud to say I'm American again.

And I'm proud of Americans too!!!! You made the right choice I'm sure.
Thats what I meant about Americans' attitude, its so annoying to hear people talk or watch movies because its always the American who save the world or have the better solution or just to see millions of american flags in a movie, just makes me sick.
Although I admire your unity, I get bothered but too much proudness.
BUT I'm sure that Obama can change America's image and make us, other countries, have a better opinion about americans!!!!Very Happy

Well, I just hope it turns out for the best because right now it just cost me 130 CAN $ to buy 100 US $ when just 3 months ago it would have been 1 to 1. >_<

So Mister Obama, please focus on this crisis that is affecting the whole world!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyThu 6 Nov - 23:52

Yeah, our cockiness is...well, uncalled for? O__O A lot of times there is no REASON to be proud, because we'll even be arrogant when we've done something really stupid. I've always hated the way we've done a lot of things, especially in comparison to other countries, so I really want Obama to take this and make it better. What movie was it...saving private Ryan? Where all the Americans are the heroes, when all these other countries were involved in fighting the war. I don't remember if it was that movie, because I forgot which war that was based off of. I only saw it once and I was really young. *blinks* Why do we have to be the center of attention?! We aren't always the heroes! I love that McCain always brags about being a war hero and that he knows how to win a war! NO ONE WON THE VIETNAM WAR!! Anyway, he was captured...so how good of solider is he? I think the real heroes are the ones that give their lives for a country.

At this point, after Bush is out of the White house there will be PLENTY of room for improvement, and I really think Obama can bring it.

On a lighter note! Did you guys hear about the town of Obama in Japan? They are so proud to share their name with him. XDD They even had a party on Election night. Obama banners, merchandise (including Obama noodles. ._.) and they were singing songs in costumes. IT WAS SO COOL!!! They love him lol.
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 0:30

Quote :
On a lighter note! Did you guys hear about the town of Obama in Japan? They are so proud to share their name with him. XDD They even had a party on Election night. Obama banners, merchandise (including Obama noodles. ._.) and they were singing songs in costumes. IT WAS SO COOL!!! They love him lol.
Not bad for a bunch of Xenophobes that have flat out told my dad showing them a prospective house, "No black people, please." Razz Yay progress.
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 1:26

It's just like us though...half are racist, half aren't. It's everywhere. They are racist with white people too. *shrug* I doubt there is a place in this world where someone isn't racist about nationality or skintone. :3 If there is I would be SHOCKED.

We're so stereotypical here too. Everyone things all Asians are Chinese and they speak CHING CHONG.

Yeah...okay, America. >_>;;
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 1:42

I know, like, DUH. Only the Chinese speak CHING CHONG. e_e

Racism isn't the problem, it's prejudice and bigotry. And no, racism doesn't always equal that. One can be a racist and not hate anyone or be stupid about it. That aside, yes, it's everywhere. No escaping it, but at least the Japanese are polite about it to your face. ^^
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 2:27

Oh, of course it's those too. XD It's so many things...most of which we'll never overcome. SADFACE. Sad The Japanese are damn nice about it though. It's like "HI I DON'T REALLY LIKE YOU, BUT HAVE A NICE DAY!!! 8DD"
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 8:38

thats right, all the *no foreigners allowed* signs in Japan just show how they want to keep the country for themselves. I agree on an immigration point but refusing someone to enter because hes a white tourist....thats bad!! O_o

Quote :
I love that McCain always brags about being a
war hero and that he knows how to win a war! NO ONE WON THE VIETNAM
WAR!! Anyway, he was captured...so how good of solider is he? I think
the real heroes are the ones that give their lives for a country.

PFF!! He was?? Didnt know that!! lmao

As for the heroes part, I dont agree, to me a real hero is someone who tries hard to make a change for the better of his country, everyday of his life. You dont have to be killed in stupid wars for that. (my opinion!! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Yuketsuko

Yuketsuko

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 14:58

I know! That "NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED" stuff reminds me of the black and white segregation...just polite. XD

Well, I was trying to say the REAL heroes, the one everyone should make a huge deal about, but don't in this country (They get thrown into a cemetary with crosses and forgotten about until memorial day.) are the ones that die for their country. Instead, since they are still alive...we make a bigger deal about the veterans *they are also still ignored. All thrown into a home and left to decay. Something that made me laugh is that more veterans are for Obama, because in the past McCain has voted against all these things that were supposed to HELP veterans...and he is one!

It made me mad that McCain was always mentioning his capture and how he survived and sometimes mentioned the fallen that have died serving their country. Guh.
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 15:18

actually, but I know it sounds like a naive dream, nobody should have to die for his country.
And somehow, Obama brings this kind of hope, that some day we can all unite and be content with what we already have instead of dreaming of neverending ambitions that make the little people so miserable....

but isnt there something like memorial day for the fallen ones??
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? EmptyFri 7 Nov - 16:28

Yeah, wars are won by letting the other guy die for his country, anyway. rose

McCain was captured but the hero part of the story comes in when he was offered to be freed for the sake of publicity, and chronologically it wasn't his turn, so he stayed for another 3 years or something like that. Vietnam prison camp? That takes some balls, dude. A coward would have taken the early release.

And we didn't win the Vietnam war because of the worthless United Nations. They flat out told us not to win it. To not use any effective strategies. Just to... bomb here or there. That's all. Vietnam was a waste because we couldn't fight it on our terms, and our soldiers that came home outside of a box (coffin) paid dearly for something they had no control over. The ones that died were the luckier ones as far as those vets were concerned. (I can't even watch movies like We Were Soldiers because it's so heartbreaking to think of what those guys all went through, just to be spit on by a bunch of unshaven, pot-toking hippies when they came home.)

Yubi: Memorial day is for the dead ones, yes. So they get about as much recognition as the vets do. A holiday for everyone to BBQ on and not even remember why it's a day off.

Me? Cynical? Nah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama president....opinions??   Obama president....opinions?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama president....opinions??
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GachapiN :: Brainstorm --ENGLISH ONLY-- :: Flood-
Jump to: