GachapiN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GachapiN

Forum on jrock/visual kei band MUCC

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands you've seen...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaeru

Kaeru

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Bands you've seen... Empty
PostSubject: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyMon 19 Oct - 7:01

Share some concert stories or just brag about all the cool bands you've seen. xD
There's lots to talk about!

Your first gig!
Your first MUCC gig maybe!
Random bands you've seen!
Bands you wish you didn't see! xD

You get it...

And heh... I'm just trying to activate the forums cuz' I really like this site... <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/totallyhopeless
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyMon 19 Oct - 13:04

Ok so I'll start!!

The bad thing for me is that there are not many bands willing to come to Montreal. So that sucks!!
BUT!!
It gives me the chance to travel. Costs lots and lots of money but still....-_-

So first show I saw was Diru in Toronto.
It was FREAKING cold and the fans never stopped pushing once we got in. So I lost consciousness and went from 2nd row to last row. Nice....
But the show was fun!! Fans were terrible but the band was nice. At some point, Kyo grabbed the little stand in front of the stage and threw it at Shinya. Poor little drummer really got scared but it only hit a part of the drum set. Still, poor guy!! Also at some point Kyo and Die collided while Kyo was dancing aroung. Die has the cutest smile!! <3

For my second show, I traveled to Paris to see The GazettE.
I wish I had seen them earlier because at that point, they had just released Stacked Rubbish (which really defines what's on this album.....rubbish....). But the show was fun, I was in the first row right in front of Aoi and MAN is he a player!! He kept smiling and winking at us. And everytime we would cheer for another member, he would try to do something to get our attention again. *coughattentionwhorecough*
So the show was nice we sang Kai happy bday, but Ruki only said one word in french which was kinda dissapointing since he was in the french capital....
Also, the day before was the signing session which I couldnt go to because you had to buy a CD to POTENTIALLY get a ticket to the signing. Euh, hello?? If I'm a fan, I already HAVE the cd!! O_o And they never stopped to say hi or anything so I was kinda mad at them for that...still am....And one of my friends brought a Quebec flag so they could sign it but Uruha kept it instead....:'(

but hey, nice show, nice trip!! Smile

After that, I went to NY to see.....MUCC!!!!!!
The worst is that I was so sick that day, I though I'd die on the streets. And annoying girls next to us got to meet Miya on the streets. So jealous!!!! The show was amazing, I was right in front of Miya and he kept looking at us (me once or twice...hopefully...in my fantasies!!). Its a shame that it was the show for Shion which is my least favorite album but man they were amaziiiing!! I can be seen in the DVD btw, such a nice souvenir!!
I also got to meet them at the end, and although they were running late, they signed EVERYBODY FOR FREE!! (in your face Gazemens!!!!). I got to talk to Tatsu but I think he didnt get it because he most probably doesnt know where Canada is. So the fact that I went all the way from Canada to NY probably wasnt too fascinating for him.....too bad. Anyway, I hope I can see them again!!

Finally, I got the chance to see one band in my own city : Diru!! (again....)
Really not my favorite band but hey don't spit on what you're given heh!!
So I went and this time I managed to stay in the front. Which was weird because my japanese teacher was there (between us and the stage) taking pictures for her interview with them....Apparently, they're all very nice except Kyo who's weird and not very social....there again, are we really surprised?? Razz

Well that's it!! If MUCC gives shows in France next year maybe I'll get to see them again because my bf and I are planning to go but if they come back to NY I'll try to go and see them!! They're the ones who gave the best performance and who were the nicest I think.
Back to top Go down
paparoachster

paparoachster

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyTue 20 Oct - 6:51

hmm just jrock or all? lol

coz i've been to sooooooo many shows lol. The list is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to post here. Lotsa bands i wish i didnt see, lotsa bands i wish i will see soon again haha. (i also work as a concert photographer/ reporter so thats why my list is also getting way too huge this past year lol)

about my first gig.. i have no idea who that was anymore lol. Its been ages XD, my brain is getting too old to remember such things haha. Hmm my first MUCC gig was in 2008 during the Taste of Chaos tour. After that i've seen them this year in Japan @ Jack in the box... ah seeing Tatsurou with the session band Karasu was really cool especially since the single was awesome. I WANT IT XD. And i saw them last week during their show in the netherlands of course yey Very Happy. Hopefully more to come soon!

Hmm there are a few bands ive seen lots of times like Papa roach 8x, Ill nino 4x, Dir en grey 3x, Korn 3x etc. Hmm some memorable shows i've been to are from band like.. uh all from the previous mentioned ones lol and uh... Deftones, Static-X, VAMPS (during Jack in the box), Kiyoharu (jack in the box) , Limp Bizkit in tokyo, Dead End, Calmando Qual ( i really like their shows), Plastic Tree, Bullets and Octane, Seether, Sevendust, Buckcherry, Incubus, i also saw From First to Last with Wes borland (i love wes borland lol). Hmm ive also seen miyavi, even though im not a big fan of his music (some songs are great though) i think hes an amazing performer.

I've met quite a few bands, some by accident, some at signing sessions. Got some funny stories of that aswell lol. I've met Papa Roach a LOT. well yea they are my favourite band together with Dir en grey (only i have been a proach fan since 99 so ive had more chances to meet them XD). But those guys are great too meet coz theyre really nice, and they always come outside before and after their shows so. Hmm I havent met Dir en grey unfortunately, but they have been really LIKE REALLY close to me XD. During Rock am Ring in 2005, i was sitting on the ground watching some awful band. And my friend turned around and she said like hey werent that those japanese dudes from that band we saw earlier (she hates dir en grey lol), so i turned around.. and they were walking away already.. and it was definitely Kyo who i saw. But by the time i realized it they were already at the backstage entrance, and i had just gotten to know them so i wasnt thaaaaaat big of a fan as i am now lol.

I've met Plastic Tree 3 times in one day *_* . They had a signing sessions here before their show. So that was the first time. Some friends of ours came late so by the time they arrived there the band had already left. So we decided to walk across town to this one chinese restaurant which whe knew. When we arrived there.. turns out Plastic Tree was there eating too. So we all decided to offer them some drinks.. we thought we would be nice lol, but we didnt want to disturb them personally. They were one floor below us XD. So we asked this waiter to do that for us .. and to give them a piece of paper in which we had written some messages like good luck at tomorrows show etc . But the waiter had screwed it up completly! He thought we had to get some drinks from them or something, he didnt give the paper at all. So we saw their manager come up pretty mad, talking to the waiter lol. So i went over to talk to her and got that all cleared out and end of story. XD. Then after we left the restaurant we were on our way back to the station, when we saw two of them walking towards our direction. Luckily they also thought it was funny (man it seemed as if we were stalking them but we really werent XD). Turns out they were going towards the red light district XD (it nwas in amsterdam XD).

Then, i've also met The Gazette pretty Randomly in Germany. We went there for a show (which was one of the most horrible shows ive ever been to, mostly because of the atmosphere.. and well also because of what Yubi said.. stacked rubbish was just rubbish)The day after we were just strollin around in town and we went into Media Markt ( a big shop thingy with cd's and stuff) and The Gazette walked in. So we just went up to them normally asked for some autographs , Reita was fanboying because of my bf's shirt- Sid Vicious shit) after we got their autographs we continued looking for cd's ourselves. But then some german fangirls came in and started screaming and stuff so they had to hurry outside lol.

i've got more of those stories but my post is already soooo long lol.

Oh and ive also met MUCC at a signing session which was really cool since they are really nice lol.Yukke nearly bumphed his head against mine lol i dont really remember how though, all i know is that it was when we were trying to pose for a picture... somethig weird happened damn i cant remember lol. ANyway was fun, Satoshi acted weird in the background of my picture with yukke lol. I could have met mucc in japan this year also, but i was stuck in the merchandise line.. and when they came up for the signing session everyone started running and climbing on tables ... Makahuri Messe Hall turned into chaos lol. so i decided to stick in the merchandise line (i had been in there for almost 2 hours so XD)

Bands i wish i had never seen.... well nearly all the support acts from Papa roach... they were horrible! lol .. i wish i hadnt seen avenged sevenfold the second time, uh SID (i had to keep on listening to them coz vamps was up next XD), bleh a lot more lol.

bands i wish i had seen: Kagerou ... i didnt know them back in 2005 and they were at Rock am Ring as well and i didnt see them ;_; . i wish i had seen kuroyume or sads lol. i dunno lotsa bands.

But i can happily say that ive seen most of my favourite bands. And ive met most of my favourite musicians ( and that without beeing a groupie lol YEY)

omg i just realized how long my post has become *_* im sorry lol hope i didnt bore ya'll XD
Back to top Go down
http://paparoachster.livejournal.com
Kaeru

Kaeru

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyTue 20 Oct - 13:24

I'll write several times here since I've been to a lot of shows during my short life! xD

Hmm...
Do I have any good stories?!

Well.. Off course there's Taste of Chaos in Stockholm last year when I first got to see MUCC. ^^
The show itself wasn't that much fun about since I was seriously pissed off at the fans and the sound tech..
The sound was REALLY off!
And the fucking fans...
I am aware of the fact that you get hurt in a crowd like that! I know it, I like it, I mosh.
But you don't hurt people intentionally!
A chick pinched me, which made me go: WTF?!
But the one I'm really pissed off at is the check the PUNCHED my friend in the stomach! If I had found that bitch later I dunno what might have happened... I'm very protective and so with my friends...

But the good thing was: The signing...
I still laugh at Yukkes fantastically cute reaction to my statement: "You're one of my favourite bassists..."
Step 1: Take in the words.
Step 2: Translate the words to Japanese.
Step 3: Understand the words.
Step 4: Smile and nod.
Step 5: React to the words. "Oh! Thank you!" (sank yoou!)

But next story!

Girugämesh at Metaltown this summer!

I was dehydrated, tired, sore from the day before, hot and generally stupid as I always am.
My mantra of the day was: "After MUCC you can pass out, not before MUCC, AFTER!"
And I went to see Giru.
I thought I'd be standing quietly in the back watching and enjoying the show.
Did I do that?
No, because I got stuck among the people and was pushed forwards and ended up in the front for a while and then I flew back and I was generally pushed around the whole damn tent!
But I liked it.

The show was very energetic if you consider the heat and the fact that the sound was messed up and there was problems during their set...

Anyways!
Afterwards I pretty much collapsed in the middle of the tent to catch my breath before going to fight for some water.
My whole body is hurting and I'm all dizzy and I didn't have my glasses on and I look down and... THERE'S SOMETHING STICKING OUT OF MY FOOT!

I nearly fainted! xD
I was so fucking scared! I was pretty much waiting for the blood to rush out of my shoe and then someone would scream and get the medics and I'd miss MUCC and Dir en Grey...
That was what I thought would happen.

What happened?
Nothing... the "something" sticking out of my foot was the heel part of my worn out fake-converse that had come loose and was sticking out of a whole in the shoe...

I was glad I didn't scream for help...
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyTue 20 Oct - 22:28

No time to read everyone's posts yet but Yeah... My turn to gloat. Note that a lot of these are during the same show.
Weird Al Yankovic x2
Imperative Reaction x4
Goo Goo Dolls x2 (almost forgot them!!)
D'espairsRay x3
Dir en Grey x3
Mucc x3
Rotersand
Covenant
Psycho le Cemu
Secret Secret
O-dai x2
Counting Crows
SKIN
[Everybody at JRR except Miyavi. Walked out of his performance XD]
Augustana
VNV Nation
Assembalge 23
backandtotheleft
Cruexshadows
Ayria
Horse the Band
System Syn
STG
Aesthetic Perfection
[SITD]
Babyland (this one I could have lived without seeing.)
a band... can't remember the name but they're local and broke up last year. Lead singer = Dean Edwards
various opening acts.
Back to top Go down
http://rivetspoon.deviantart.com/
Kaeru

Kaeru

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyWed 21 Oct - 6:38

Random story from Pier Pressure 2007:

My friends and I were waiting for Billy Talent on the Black Stage so we could also watch Gogol Bordello on the Red Stage which was nice. ^^
But the place was full of blond brats and wanna-be-emo kids so the crowd wasn't that nice..

One brat kept elbowing my friend in the back.
She has serious back problems so she was in pain and I got pissed and put on my glove with spikes on, put my arm around her and just waited for him to hit a spike. ^^
Yes, I am evil.

But anyways!
Billy Talent was really great!
A lot of energy and some fun MCing. ^^
"This next song is about... the devil... Whom I used to date..."
But I can't remember much... after all it was a few years back and my memory sucks!

But sadly, I remember what happened next...
One of the "bands" I did not want to see...
Avril Lavinge...

After Billy Talent played on the Black Stage she took the Red Stage... and we were waiting for MCR on the Black Stage (oh, my emo days! xD)...
I really don't like Avril.
I really don't like her music and I really don't like it live. ><
But we had to listen to the whole damn set...
Back to top Go down
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyWed 21 Oct - 7:19

paparoachester: Yeah just jrock, I though thats what the topic was for.
And you are so lucky!! The waiter thing is awful!! That could have been so nice!!

I didnt see that many shows, I mostly go to my favorite bands actually when it comes to other things than jrock:

I saw The Rasmus twice (what!! the songs were good!! Very Happy)
Avenged Sevenfold (and they were VERY good, btw!! Smile
System of a down
Aerosmith

....and Enrique Iglesias!! Do I have to love my mom or what!! Nobody wanted to come with her so I did: WORST SHOW EVER!! I had more fun seeign the Backstreet Boys when I was 11 !! The room was almost empty and the guy was toofascinated with himself to care about the show....I think my mom stopped listening to him after that!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RivetSPOOn

RivetSPOOn

Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyWed 21 Oct - 15:29

Yubi: That's an awful concert story D: Of all the shows I've gone to, only two performances stick out as a remote disappointment, and they were nothing like that.
Back to top Go down
http://rivetspoon.deviantart.com/
Yubi
Admin
Yubi

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyWed 21 Oct - 15:54

Well, at least all the jrock shows I went to were good!! Smile
That one I didnt even want to go to, and you know what's worst?? It's that I finally agreed to go with her becauseI was feeling bad for her, but then 2 days before the show, a friend of hers decided to join us!! And it was too late to sell my ticket or get reimbursed!! :'(

aahhh to see MUCC again!!
They are playing this friday in France and my friend is going to get me an autographed booklet from Mimi sama!! Smile Better than nothing!! Razz
Back to top Go down
kugatsu

kugatsu

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyThu 22 Oct - 13:40

Heh, so if we're talking only about j-rock bands, then MUCC is pretty much the only one I've seen... oh, I did look at Girugämesh about 20 minutes at the festival last summer.

I'm sort of a parsimonious person... I tend to think that I don't want to waste money on shows unless I really, really, REALLY like the band (they pretty much have to be my #1 band of years, I wouldn't go see my #2 band...) so my first MUCC show in March 2007 is actually the second concert that has ever cost me anything (the first one was a girl pop band in 1999)...

So... I've seen MUCC four times now, twice in 2007 and twice in 2009. That sums up my j-rock concerts quite thoroughly Smile All of those shows were excellent, I would definitely go see them all again if possible!

Hmm... any special experiences? Well, it's not very special but at the festival where I saw MUCC last summer, there was an autograph session before the show and when I'd come up to Tatsu and he'd ask me how I am, I'd reply "I'm great... because of you!". At first it seemed that he really didn't understand what I had said, but then you could really kind of see this eureka moment on his face and he would go "oh, ah yes, oh" it was quite hilarious Smile Kind of similar to Kaeru's experience with Yukke Very Happy

Also, at the Sonic Sphere show couple of weeks ago, we'd be waiting outside in order to be allowed to line up (lining up wasn't allowed until 3 hours before the show but I didn't want to risk anything so I went there a couple hours earlier) and it would be raining and such and the weather was really bad. So I decided to escape the weather to the CD store that is next to the venue, to buy some albums. I'd look at the albums and stuff there, just like I always do and I really didn't notice anything "special". Then not until recently someone would blog how they had seen Miya at the CD store before the concert (they had taken a pic of it too) and then I realised that damn, that small guy with that black coat and funny purple backpack was Miya! I like... I most definitely saw that guy while I was at the store and I probably even stood next to him looking at the albums but as I was so mesmerised by the CDs, I didn't really even pay attention at him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kokuen.netne.net
Kaeru

Kaeru

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... EmptyFri 23 Oct - 12:03

Japanese Eureka moments rocks. xP

But aww... too bad about the Miya-in-the-store thing. xD

I probably did stuff like that at Metaltown without noticing...
I never used my glasses cuz' I thought I'd just break them in a moshpit or something so I couldn't really see and recognise someone who didn't stand like 1-2 meters from me... ><

And I'm rather sure that a lot of band members were running around near me at some points...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've seen...   Bands you've seen... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bands you've seen...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GachapiN :: Brainstorm --ENGLISH ONLY-- :: Other bands-
Jump to: